Thursday, January 29, 2009

Eyes of Eilistraee update

Been a long time coming I know. This week I got chance to work on the mod! Yipee! I managed to add in some changes that have been planned out on paper for a while and well as some spur of the moment new content. The first act now features a new module starting point that make a lot more sense for the story and sees the player reunited with a former friend who acts as a focal point for delivering background narrative and insights into the player's own story.

The changes I've made mean that the PC is now more rooted in my game world. As a former villager living in Barrow Vale the start of the story sees you returning home following a 15 year exile. For the story I'm trying to tell this works much better than the mysterious stranger approach to defining the player character. There's still full freedom over race, class and alignment it's just now that your actions have context and you have a secrets from your past to uncover.

Will try and post a few new screens next time. Seem to have a problem with images at the moment so may have to fix that first.

eR

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just mentioned your name in a thread in Bioware boards...

I hope that you are still plugging away at this - ad equally important - enjoying building it.

Your previous work showed the passion of a hobbyist :) which is a good thing.

Warmest regards

Anonymous said...

oops... :)

Jfoxtail

Rollory said...

Soooooo.

It's dead, Jim?